Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cheese Roll Ups

Confession time; I'm a big fan of grilled cheese. Not fancy, "grown-up" grilled cheese, either. No. I like the classic, kiddy fare-- American cheese on white bread. With a bowl of Campbell's tomato soup on the side.

Pinterest results for "grilled cheese" searches tend to yield the more "adult" or "healthy" options that I'm not so fond of. Then, I stumbled across this pin for cheese roll-ups. No fancy cheeses or good-for-you breads. Just simple, yummy, not-very-healthy-but-so-so-good-for-my-tummy grilled cheese in a new form.

I just had to try it. Speaking as someone who is somewhat inept in the kitchen, I found it to be pretty easy. I mean, they came out looking like this.


My only trouble was finding the rolling pin and getting the rolls to stay rolled-up before I cooked them. I found that putting butter on the edges before putting them on the pan was pretty effective. I made three and it took... maybe ten minutes, start to finish??

Long story short, A+, would recommend. Make yourself some cheese roll-ups, man. They be good stuff.

Don't forget to subscribe to me and follow me on BlogLovin! Buttons found in the sidebar.  --->

No comments:

Post a Comment